Production Team MembersYokohama Tire Manufacturing Virginia
Production Team Members
At Yokohama Tire Manufacturing Virginia (YTMV) we manufacture ultra-high performance, high performance, and touring passenger tires as well as light truck tires. We are committed to fulfilling our corporate social responsibility beginning with our core business: developing products that minimize environmental impact and operating our plant to minimize environmentally burdensome output. What We are Looking for: Production Team Members are responsible for the operation of production equipment according to safety standards, standard operating procedures, in-process control standards and other related standards to ensure product quality with the right quantity and on time delivery.
What are the Major Responsibilities?
• Execute plans based on production schedule optimizing staffing and machine productivity with minimal scrap and FM.
• Monitors and confirms conditions of all safety devices by routine and through safety check sheets to ensure safety of the working environment and takes immediate countermeasure for any unsafe acts and conditions.
• Initiate and facilitate countermeasures for immediate recovery with proper operation while following SOP during any downtime (machine, quality, material shortage, etc.)
• Operates production machine/s according to safety standards, standard operating procedures (SOP), Control Plan, Process Flow and other related standards to ensure product quality.
• Reports any unsafe acts and conditions in the working area.
• Reports possible causes of defective works to avoid recurrence.
• Completes daily report and other check sheets for traceability purposes.
• Reports immediately any machine abnormality to immediate supervisor to avoid longer machine downtime while following all Stop, Call, Wait policies and procedures.
• Maintains proper handling and usage of machine and equipment, tools, support materials, factory supplies and other utilities to maximize efficiency.
• Complies strictly with company rules and regulations.
• Maintains good housekeeping in the area using 5S tools.
• Performs other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Why You Want to Work with Us:
Employee Rewards & Compensation include but not limited to:
• Pay starts between $16 - $18 per hour
• 11 paid holidays
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Educational Reimbursement
• Pension Plan
• Employee Tire Purchase Program Would I be a Good Candidate?
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills, qualifications, and requirements:
• 3 years experience Manufacturing Process or related field, preferred
• At least High School graduate or GED equivalent
• Working knowledge of high speed equipment, preferred
• Minor Troubleshooting skills
• Ability to evaluate and complete quality checks and document results
• Ability to make product changeovers on various pieces of equipment
• Must be able to work a weekend and evening schedule, may require OT
How do I Apply?
Send or e-mail resume to:
Yokohama Tire Manufacturing Virginia
P.O. Box 3250
Salem VA 24153
Or apply through our careers page at:
(Please no follow up phone calls)
An Equal Opportunity Employer