Psychiatric Nursing Assistants
Hiring Range Minimum $25,123 annually/$12.08 hourly (Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience) ($1,000 Sign-On Bonus if you are a licensed CNA)
Full time positions available!
Psychiatric Nursing Assistant positions will provide direct patient care according to individualized treatment care plans. This will include helping patients with activities of daily living and helping patients learn new social and inter-actionable skills in a safe therapeutic environment.
Psychiatric Nursing Assistants work as part of the unit-based treatment team alongside nurses who are responsible for the 24/7 care of patients as well as in our ‘treatment mall’ where patients attend varied classes which help them attain individual skills supporting their ongoing recovery.
Western State Hospital is seeking applicants for classified (Full-time) Human Service Care Worker positions on 3rd/2nd and 2nd/3rd shifts. Psychiatric Nursing Assistants are scheduled to work (2) 12 hour shifts and (2) 8 hour shifts per week.
The successful applicant must work weekends (two weekends/one off). Holidays and overtime as needed, will be required.
Some benefits of working for Western State Hospital (part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) within the Commonwealth of Virginia)
- 11 different Insurance packages to choose from including health, dental and vision options
- 2 Retirement savings plans to help you start saving for your future
- 24/7 Security
- Shift and Weekend differentials for certain positions
- Sick and personal time off
- Clinical positions loan repayment options
- State employee discount program for products and services that includes; movie tickets, special events, cell phone plans, Kings Dominion as well as other top entertainment and travel products in Virginia and across the country, fitness facilities, vacations, pet services to name a few
- Tuition reimbursement
- 3 weeks of paid dedicated training
- Vacation time
- Paid Life Insurance
- 12 paid Holidays
Paid Shift Differential: Weekdays after 3:00pm $.60 and Weekends $1.00
Applicants must have demonstrated the ability to communicate both orally and in writing. The applicant must be able follow oral and written instructions and maintain good interpersonal skills. A high school graduate or equivalent is required.
Health care experience preferred. Current CNA and/or previous psychiatric experience preferred. Demonstrated consistent work history is preferred. Bi-lingual Spanish and English is a plus.
The successful applicant must pass a criminal background investigation, drug screening test and employment reference check. The applicant must have the ability to perform at the level of physical demands noted on the Employee Work Profile and the verified ability to perform the essential functions of the position.