Licensed Practical Nurse (Part-time)
Licensed Practical Nurse (Up to $2,000 Sign-On Bonus) - 36 Hour Work Week/Paid for 40 hours Worked!
Hiring Range $38,431/Commensurate with education and experience
Western State Hospital may be just the place to practice your profession and make an important contribution to the health care field. We are a 250 bed Joint Commission/CMS accredited hospital located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley within 30 minutes of major university towns.
The hospital is well regarded locally and across the state, has provided consultation or working tours to seven other states regarding our Psychosocial Rehab “mall” programs, effectively recruits and retains professional staff, and works actively within the hospital and with our community partners to produce good clinical and quality of life outcomes for individuals.
Our strategic philosophy is to provide valued service, to look forward and anticipate challenges and opportunities, to actively educate the public, and to be open and welcoming to the media.
Western State Hospital is seeking applicants for Quasi Full-time – Salaried (Q Status), WORK 36 HOURS, GET PAID FOR 40 HOURS
Licensed Practical Nurses for the following schedules:
- Thur, Fri, Sat 7am-7p or 7p-7am
-Fri, Sat, Sun 7am-7p or 7pm-7am
-Sat, Sun, Mon 7am-7p or 7pm-7am
-Sun, Mon, Tue 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
Holidays and overtime as needed, will be required.
Some benefits of working for Western State Hospital (part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) within the Commonwealth of Virginia)
– Up to $2,000 Sign on Bonus for Full Time LPN’s
- 11 different Insurance packages to choose from including health, dental and vision options
- 2 Retirement savings plans to help you start saving for your future
- 24/7 Security
- Shift and Weekend differentials for certain positions
- Sick and personal time off
- Clinical positions loan repayment options
- State employee discount program for products and services that includes; movie tickets, special events, cell phone plans, Kings Dominion as well as other top entertainment and travel products in Virginia and across the country, fitness facilities, vacations, pet services to name a few
- Tuition reimbursement
- 3 weeks of paid dedicated training
- Vacation time
- Paid Life Insurance
- 12 paid Holidays
Paid Shift Differentials: Weekdays after 3:00pm $1.55 per hour and weekends $2.10 per hour.
In order to be considered for this exciting position, an applicant must be licensed (or license eligible) as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Virginia. Applicants must have knowledge of treatment modalities to include medication administration.
Experience in psychiatric nursing or acute care is preferred.
Bi-lingual Spanish and English is a plus.
The successful applicant must pass a criminal background investigation, drug screening test and employment reference check. The applicant must have the ability to perform at the level of physical demands noted on the Employee Work Profile and the verified ability to perform the essential functions of the position.