DSA III Senior- Rehab Services
Hiring Range Commensurate with experience.
Western State Hospital is seeking a DSA III Senior candidate to assist in the development and implementation of training /therapeutic interventions within the psychosocial treatment program, and to provide community recreation programming and vocational training available to all clients of Western State Hospital. We are a 246 bed, State-of-the-art Facility that opened in 2013. WSH is a Joint Commission and CMS accredited hospital located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley within 30 minutes of major university towns.
The hospital is well regarded locally and across the state, has provided consultation or working tours to seven other states regarding our Psychosocial Rehab “mall” programs, effectively recruits and retains professional staff, and works actively within the hospital and with our community partners to produce good clinical and quality of life outcomes for individuals with severe mental illness. You would be joining a medical staff that is dedicated, talented and highly collaborative and supportive.
Our services include Admissions and Psychosocial Rehab, and a Med/Psych unit. The hospital is an active training site for many programs (University of Virginia training residents/medical students and recruiting psychiatrists into public sector; JMU for nursing and Nurse Practitioners) All physicians are board certified and most have faculty appointment at University of Virginia (UVA) Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences.
- Experience using computers in a work setting, including Microsoft Office, electronic medical records, and documentation of programs.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and supervising recreational activities
- Demonstrates ability to develop and manage program budget.
- Essential functions of this position requires: repetitious walking; visual acuity to observe and report changes in patient’s behaviors on a continuous basis; bending, lifting and reaching overhead to position, restrain, transfer, transport or escort clients and to assist clients to perform activities.
- Experience leading and supervising recreational activities required.
- College courses in recreation, leisure, vocational, recreational therapy or occupational therapy field preferred.
- Experience working with special populations preferred. Experience in working in mental health preferred.
- Experience in leading and supervising recreational activities is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, organization, and excellent written and verbal communication.
The successful applicant must pass a criminal background investigation, drug screening test and employment reference check. The applicant must have the ability to perform at the level of physical demands noted on the Employee Work Profile and the verified ability to perform the essential functions of the position.