Web ManagerVirginia Tech
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences' Web Manager is responsible for analyzing and overseeing the creation and maintenance of web communication in the college, which includes Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) and the Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station (VAES).
Working collaboratively as part of a team, the Web Manager will be a key player in executing a digital-first strategy and is expected to independently research, propose, and implement the newest digital trends to ensure the college, VCE, and VAES are leading the charge in web communications.
This position is expected to analyze website metrics from a User Experience perspective, develop a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy, create visually engaging designs, implement an information hierarchy, and utilize cutting-edge technology to reach desired audiences.
This position works with a variety of clients across the university to both update and maintain their websites as well as train others on tools and best-practices on how to maintain and update their sites themselves.
All designs should stimulate engagement with stakeholders and encourage a culture of philanthropy by using a cohesive visual identity that adheres to the college's brand. This position reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing and is part of the college’s Advancement team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web design/maintenance.
- History of working within a CMS
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress
- History of creating websites with a focus on user experiences (UX)
- History or working collaboratively as a team player
- Strong communications skills (writing, visual design)
- History of the technical production and dissemination of email campaign
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently, and problem-solve
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Virginia Tech brand standards
- Knowledge of website accessibility
- Experience developing web architecture and hierarchy
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and reference contact information of three individuals (name, telephone number and email address). Application review begins August 15, 2019.
Employment is open to all, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer