There are currently two (2) Space Planner positions available, both reporting to the Director of Campus Planning:
Space Planner - Space Program Management position at Virginia Tech will oversee the implementation of the university’s space management/allocation program under university policy 5400. This position will develop recommendations regarding updated space procedures, standards and guidelines and provide staff support for the university space committees. In addition, this position will develop space utilization assessments and recommendations for the assignment of space, and manage and further develop the space request and justification submittal, review and approval process
Space Planner - Academic position at Virginia Tech will support programming for the university’s capital outlay plan and support the space management program under university policy 5400 including space planning and space utilization studies. In support of the policy, this position will provide staff support to the Director and the Chair of the University Space Committee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Planning, Business, Business Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in space planning and/or working with university institutional space management systems.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills (particularly the ability to work with and influence others) and excellent communication skills.
- Experience working directly with clients and other project stakeholders in determining and documenting programmatic requirements.
- Proficient skills with computer applications including Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Advanced degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Planning, Business, Business Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or training and experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
- Significant experience providing professional space planning, integrated work management system development and /or management services that guide the physical development of a university, institution or similar organization.
- Experience assisting in strategic development and improvements of buildings and space, to support an organization's mission.
- Significant demonstrated knowledge and experience with space metrics and analysis and best practices in space management.
- Experience with Assetworks AiM or other integrated work management systems, and enterprise databases and workflow management systems.
- Previous experience in data gathering and analysis, data visualization and database management
- Experience with CAD and GIS software
Commensurate with experience
August 9, 2021
Posting will remain active until the position is filled; preference will be given to submissions received prior to the review date.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a pre-employment conviction check and driving check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.