Software DeveloperVirginia Tech
The successful candidate will work on projects ranging from design and development, to troubleshooting purpose-built microservices architecture components to assist with automating cloud infrastructure to ensure maximum efficiency while delivering a production-level service to tens of thousands of users.
We encourage inclusivity and cross-functionality in our team and expect our future team-members to also support these ideals. The successful candidates must have the ability to communicate and interact within a team, have a strong work ethic and organization skills to work independently with minimal supervision and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in the STEM field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Strong foundation in both object-oriented languages and software programming.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work for VACR and develop a long-term working relationship with us.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment and on individual projects.
- Demonstrate an ability to follow instructions.
|The preferred candidate should be able to claim experience in some of the below areas:
- Demonstrated experience working with TypeScript.
- Experience with current server-side technologies such as Docker (and related tools)
- Demonstrated experience building a CI/CD software development pipeline.
- High-level understanding of Amazon AWS services and offerings
- Proof of Amazon AWS certifications such as DevOps and/or Solutions Architect, or equivalent experience, along with the ability to correctly answer questions relevant to the certifications.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.
October 31, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.