Research Security Systems AdministratorVirginia Tech
Virginia Tech is recruiting for an Research System Security Administrator for Blacksburg, VA! A Research System Security Administrator is needed to provide essential technical and administrative services to Virginia Tech’s classified and controlled unclassified research portfolio centered in Blacksburg, Virginia. This critical position will support current and on-going restricted research conducted through Virginia Tech. This is a salary, full-time benefited position that includes health coverage, retirement, vacation, sick leave, and more.
The Research Security System Administrator provides information technology (IT) support and administration for the Virginia Tech research community. This position is a member of the Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) under the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI). The Research Security System Administrator will report to the Information Security Compliance Officer.
This position provides essential technical services for OESRC to support university senior management, department management, faculty, staff, and students who are involved in the restricted research portfolio. The Research Security System Administrator is expected to perform duties with considerable independence and is accountable for continued maintenance of the program.
The primary duties of this position include:
- Provide direct services to users with all aspects of information systems and/or network operations including setup, accreditation documentation, continuous monitoring, enhanced security safeguarding, instructional training, disaster recovery, cyber incident investigation/reporting and disposition of materials/data at the completion of a project.
- Support multiple sites on and off campus and provide comprehensive services, training, system maintenance, inventory control and analysis of existing and future security technology needs.
- Administer a Microsoft Hyper-V infrastructure used by researchers and students to ensure maximum uptime and compliance.
- Initiate and manage new projects from inception to completion, exercising discretion and best judgment, and then maintaining these initiatives. These projects range from individual, moderately complex to working on multiple, complex projects simultaneously and independently.
- Provide technical expertise to other OESRC team members.
- Collaborate with other University departments and personnel as needed.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise as well as knowledge of applicable government regulations related to Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), NIST Special Publications (e.g. 800-53 and 800-171), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 and 200, applicable Department of Defense publications, and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or progressively advanced experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree in information technology, information security, cyber security, or other relevant field
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft workstation products, systems management, Active Directory administration, as well as installing, troubleshooting, and repairing Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and other common applications.
- Demonstrated experience in Enterprise printing configuration, troubleshooting, and support.
- Experience and knowledge of systems security, backup and recovery procedures, and networking in an enterprise environment.
- Experience performing technical evaluations and analysis for all supported workstations, and related systems in response to help desk tickets and user requests.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and take initiative to solve complex IT problems.
- Experience with computer hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Currently possess, or be eligible for, and able to obtain and maintain, a security clearance as required to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously but also within a team environment.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and customer service communication skills.
- Ability to lift computer equipment and supplies and working under desks.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux workstation systems administration and configuration (Ubuntu, RHEL, or CentOS preferred).
- Knowledge and experience with Apple OS X-based workstation systems administration and configuration.
- In-depth understanding of network architecture, network hardware, monitoring and management software, network protocols, routing, switches, firewalls, web filters, and network security methodologies.
- Demonstrated working experience with network and computer monitoring, data forensics, and data recovery.
- Demonstrated working experience developing policies and procedures such as detailed documentation and training resources for end users.
- Demonstrated working experiencing providing computer services support at an accredited institution of higher learning
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NIST Special Publication 800 series (e.g. NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-171), FIPS 199 and 200
- Currently possess or recently debriefed (within 2 years) a security clearance at any clearance level.
For more information and to apply please visit www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting number 510538. Please be sure to include a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a list of 3 references.
Virginia Tech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution.