Research Associate CYVirginia Tech
A Research Associate is sought to conduct research on wireless communications and networks in the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech. The researcher will be supervised by Dr. Walid Saad and will conduct interdisciplinary research within his group at the interface of communication theory, optimization, and network science.
The Research Associate will be expected to:
- Complete independent research in accordance with current ongoing research activities in the broad area of wireless networking;
- Publish high-quality research in top international conferences and journals on wireless communications and networking;
- Provide leadership and project management for ongoing activities, including working with researchers in other fields of study and collaborators at other institutions;
- Supervise and mentor graduate students working in the lab;
- Participate in the preparation of grant proposals when needed, guided by his research advisor;
- Participate in teaching opportunities in accordance with the researcher's future career plans; and
- Complete other research-related duties, as assigned.
- Completed or expected to complete a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related areas
- An established track record of scholarly publications in high impact telecommunications and networking journals, particularly IEEE Transactions;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct multi-disciplinary work and work on diverse problems in wireless communications;
- Strong knowledge of networked systems, such as wireless networks (specific expertise in multi-antenna systems, MIMO communications, 5G/6G network architecture, communication theory, and statistics);
- Expertise in communication system performance analysis is a must;
- Expertise in probability theory and statistics and their application to wireless networking problems;
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Previous research experience (e.g., in industry or as postdoc) is desirable.
Commensurate with experience
Applications will be reviewed beginning September 6, 2019.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.