Research AnalystVirginia Tech
Under general supervision of the Director of Assessment and Evaluation, the Research Analyst will identify and develop analytical studies and visualizations related to survey research and other institutional effectiveness data associated with faculty activities, learning outcomes, teaching evaluations, and program reviews. Work with faculty and Academic Decision Support staff to develop and maintain institutional effectiveness databases and reporting systems.
• Master’s degree with relevant experience in a field related to institutional research, assessment, or program evaluation or Doctoral degree in quantitative discipline such as Educational Research, Measurement or Administration, Public Policy or a related discipline.
• Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS, R or comparable statistical analysis program.
• Knowledge of measurement, data analysis, research design, and survey methodologies.
• Evidence of independent and creative thinking and writing on research and statistical problems.
• Ability to work with data from multiple sources.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of programming in SQL, SAS or SPSS.
• General knowledge of cloud-based analytics platforms.
• Knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools such as SAS VA/VS, Tableau, Cognos or OBIEE.
Commensurate with Experience
September 16, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.