Real Estate Leasing Specialist
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Real Estate Lease Specialist performs a wide variety of duties in support of the university's leasing function including acquisitions and contract administration for leased space, as well as facility management for leased space.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration or related field; or extensive work related experience.
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing a wide variety of real estate management or related transactions.
• Experience with contract management and compliance management.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with knowledge of computer applications for data analysis and report development.
• Experience independently drafting and editing correspondence, reports, and other documents. Experience that demonstrates excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse clientele.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Excellent organizational and delegation skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a higher education environment.
• Proficient in use of PC; familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and make decisions within prescribed guidelines.
• Notary Public certified or ability to obtain appointment of Notary Public.
• Valid driver's license with good driving record.
• Experience working with HokieMart, HokieServ and/or Banner or equivalent computer programs.
• Experience working in a university setting.
• Knowledge of state (Virginia) contract management and compliance management policies and procedures.
• Experience as a Real Estate Paralegal.
• Credentialed as a Real Estate Paralegal.
Posting will remain active until the position is filled; preference will be given to submissions received prior to 7/21/2021 (review date)
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.