Project CoordinatorVirginia Tech
The Project Coordinator for HR Administration performs a wide variety of activities required to provide exceptional assistance to the AVP for HR Administration and the HR Administration team. Primary responsibilities include coordinating special projects, meetings, agendas, materials, preparations, meeting space/facility usage. Drafts documentation, correspondence, and presentations. Conducts thorough and accurate research. Anticipates leadership needs and proactively solves problems and/or independently handles issues as necessary. Manages projects independently, including conducting research and analyzing findings. Collaborates and partners with other team members to complete project objectives.
The Project Coordinator is also responsible for all financial requests and budget tracking for HR Administration funds, and provides general administrative support as needed for the AVP and HR Administration team.
- Successful candidate must be a highly organized individual with significant experience in providing executive level management administrative support
- Experience in supporting projects with multiple priorities, deadlines, and constituents
- Demonstrate discretion in working with confidential information and use sound judgement in decision making
- Proficient with electronic filing systems and backup
- Experience drafting and editing correspondence, reports, and other documents in a professional and efficient manner, including strong proofreading skills
- Demonstrated and proficient use of Microsoft Outlook to manage email and calendars
- Proficient with current office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to take initiate in fulfilling responsibilities and anticipating needs of supervisor
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Experience working in higher education providing administrative support for an executive or senior management level
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Commensurate with experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.