Postdoctoral Associate CYVirginia Tech
Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC
Postdoctoral Associate, Physiologist
The Montague laboratory at Fralin Biomedical Research Institute is seeking a postdoctoral associate who is a physiologist with excellent quantitative skills. The Montague lab is currently employing advanced quantitative methods to conduct leading-edge research on the role of neurotransmitters in the human brain. This position is an excellent opportunity for a biologically trained investigator to expand their analytical skills, learn new methods in machine learning, and to understand the roles of the neuromodulator’s dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine in human cognitive function and dysfunction.
The candidate we are looking to fill the position should exude the following:
1. Research Conceptualization - Coordinating with and assisting the PI in the design of experiment methodology and methods for analyzing the results of experiments.
2. Research Publications - Preparation of text, tables, and graphical information as appropriate for dissemination in peer-reviewed publications, or presentation at professional conferences or in book chapters.
3. Data Analysis - Analyzing the findings from research methods and transforming the results into formats appropriate for dissemination in peer reviewed publications or conference presentations or in formats that engender further analysis.
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, computational neuroscience, physics or appropriate discipline.
- Demonstrate experience relevant to making electrophysiological or electrochemical measurements with the desire to pursue both in conscious human subjects.
- Experience with human recordings and functional MRI is a plus but not necessary.
- Demonstrated track record of research excellence as indicated by peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
September 20, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.