Postdoctoral Associate CY
The Chemistry department at Virginia Tech invites applicants to apply for a Postdoctoral Associate position with Professor Guoliang Liu’s group (https://sites.google.com/view/vtliugroup) in the Department of Chemistry.
This position’s research will focus on electrochemical catalysis using nanomaterials. The research efforts include the development of nanomaterials for electrochemical catalysis and the characterization of their catalytic performance. The incumbent will be expected to perform under limited supervision and to independently establish appropriate research plans that will address the objectives of the group and its research programs. Research results are to be interpreted and presented by oral and written means, both within the group and externally. Expertise possessed or developed by the incumbent is to be shared with other group members as serves the various projects. Collaborations to utilize and/or learn needed expertise from other researchers should be productively pursued.
- Recent doctoral degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or a related field with strong electrochemical catalysis background; completed by the time of appointment.
- Strong work habits and the ability to work independently as well as with a research group.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong technical writing and oral English skills
- Research experience in more than one of the following: polymer synthesis and processing, carbon nanomaterials, and electrochemical catalysis
- Skilled in the use of GC-MS, SEM, TEM, EIS, Raman, XRD, and XPS.
- Evidence of good project management ability.
- Evidence of skill in developing publications based on research.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Evidence of creativity, independence and high motivation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel in the organization.
October 25, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.