Package Customer Service Representative
The wage Customer Service Representative reports directly to the Customer Service Lead and Supervisor. The position is responsible for delivering a superior level of service to all incoming customers, mainly into the package overflow location. Customer Service Representatives operate in a fast-paced, high volume, multi tasked oriented logistics environment, serving 10,000 students and over 750,000 packages per year. Customer Service Representatives work as a team to fulfill the goal of the department while providing efficient and thorough service to all customers. The incumbent of this position will work to a specific schedule at a self-motivated pace, and shifts their responsibilities to meet the department’s goals to an ever-changing campus.
• Previous experience communicating with or working with the public.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Must have the ability to develop and maintain accurate digital and paper records.
• Ability to work as a departmental team member, comprehend and follow instructions, and adhere to a schedule in a self-motivated environment.
• Ability to operate a large delivery vehicle in a safe manner on campus, roads, and sidewalks among pedestrians.
• Must be able to safely move and handle up to 70 pounds.
• Experience with a PC, personal computer.
• Must be able to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb stairs and perform repetitive movements of reaching, lifting, sorting and carrying packages and boxes for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and temperature extremes.
• May be required to work additional hours/shifts to meet the needs of the department.
• This is a designated emergency personnel position where the incumbent may be required to report for inclement weather or campus emergencies, even when the University is closed.
• Experience with record keeping; Pitney Bowes SendSuite Package Tracking System; use of a personal computer and computerized warehouse management systems.
• Experience as a delivery driver.
• Experience in a large commercial or educational setting.
• Customer Service experience in a fast-paced, client-oriented business.
July 16, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.