Office and Admin Coordinator
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) at Virginia Tech provides stewardship of the university’s research portfolio and its staff is responsible for providing a comprehensive array of support services for faculty and staff as they pursue and manage externally funded projects, and is a critical unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI). The mission of OVPRI is to support university-wide strategic initiatives and operational functions of Virginia Tech’s $520+ million research enterprise and associated technology commercialization activities, which span eight academic colleges, eight university research institutes, and three affiliated corporations. The university is embarking on its next phase of strategic growth in research across its Blacksburg, Roanoke, and Northern Virginia locations, including the integration of Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine as the university’s 9th college in 2018. With the continual growth in grant and contract support research programs, the Contracts and Awards Analyst is a key position in supporting the ambitious plans for Virginia Tech to be a leading 21st century land grant university that delivers innovative solutions to the most pressing global challenges of our time.
The Office and Administrative Coordinator will be part of a dedicated team of professionals working to assure the operational, personnel and business support needs of the office are coordinated and handled efficiently and timely in accordance with university procedures. The coordinator is responsible for a variety of activities in support of the business operation that may include calendar management, assisting with official confidential correspondences, purchasing and travel logistics, events planning, personnel coordination, emergency planning coordinator for the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), and space planning, key control and logistics. Serves as a liaison between the director and the office and constituents in addressing inquiries and arranging engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Exhibits high level of customer service orientation and willingness to ensure successful inter-departmental relationships.
• Welcomes guests and visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries to the appropriate party. Distribute mail appropriately and manage any UPS needs.
• Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings and events, which may include providing logistical support for registration and travel arrangements as necessary.
• Drafts, compiles and completes various forms, notices, and other communication, which may require submission for approval, posting or publication.
• Maintains fiscal duties for the department including HokieMart and Chrome River for payments and travel and will also be responsible for having a Purchasing card for the departmental needs.
• Building manager liaison (keys and building access, fire drills, office space planning and reconfiguration; storage unit and leases; coordinates university surplus activities; carpeting cleaning; architect for building
• Wage hours approver
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information as necessary.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions. Manages and coordinates file management activities for leadership.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides recommendations to workflow processes in order to streamline and increase efficient operations.
• Plans, coordinates and oversees hosted events activities and priorities, and monitors projects and tracks approved budgets.
• Assures department operations are within university and state procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Education or training in business, administrative support or equivalent
• Experience providing high level administrative support for senior leadership positions
• Experience with event coordinator and execution
• Experience with complex calendar management support
• Experience in support of interpreting or complying with policies, procedures and guidelines
• Be able to organize work to anticipate deadlines and meet strict deadlines ahead of schedule if needed
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong analytical, time management and multi-tasking skills, communication skills, effective interpersonal skill
• Ability to work independently, prioritize work, organize and manage a complex workload effectively under tight deadlines
• Ability to develop and maintain electronic filing systems and databases
• Experience in handling complex and confidential material
Commensurate with Experience
September 8, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.