HR Operations Assistant - Part-Time Wage
The part-time HR Operations Assistant will report to the HR Facilities Coordinator and will bilaterally support the HR Facilities Coordinator and the Conviction Check Coordinator.
The Operations Assistant will support facilities with the coordination of Human Resources training programs, customized workshops and related events by assisting with the following:
• Set up and breakdown of training and conference rooms
• Scheduling of rooms
• Closing and securing rooms
• Organization and cleanliness of rooms
• Audio/video and technology troubleshooting
• Other office support as assigned
The Operations Assistant will support the conviction check processes such as background checks and drug and alcohol testing by assisting with the following:
• Conviction/driving check transactions and report reviews
• Compiling conviction check data reports
• Records management
• Support for special projects
• Compliance activities such as monthly reconciliation reports and random drug screening program
• Strong customer service experience
• Experienced and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience with collaborative software such as Microsoft Teams and Google Drive
• Experience providing administrative support in a professional and confidential work environment
• Experience with academic and/or professional databases and applications
• Strong logistical coordination and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and succeed in a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures
• Must be able to work independently and cooperatively while respectfully working with groups and/or individuals of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to safely move and handle items weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Experience utilizing Banner or similar administrative systems
• Experience utilizing TrueScreen or similar third-party background check system
• Experience with Zoom or similar video conferencing software
• Experience with computer and audiovisual equipment and troubleshooting
up to $15/hour
July 29, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Julie Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.