Fleet DetailerVirginia Tech
The position is responsible for detailing Fleet Services rental vehicles to meet customer demand while maintaining established standards of cleanliness. This includes but is not limited to washing the exterior of vehicles, vacuuming and cleaning of the vehicle interiors and all windows. Must maintain established standards of cleanliness to meet daily customer demand. Occasionally requires supplying state equipment with fuel/fluids, reporting damage or repairs, keeping records of issue. May also assist with light custodial duties and snow/frost removal from vehicles and parking lot. Hours of operation are Monday thru Friday from 7 AM to 5:00 PM. Work schedule will vary to meet business need. Maximum hours per week will not exceed 29-30, however, are not guaranteed.
• General knowledge of automotive cleanliness and/or repair.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record in order to drive state vehicle.
• Must have the ability to clean the interior and exterior of vehicles and perform routine vehicle maintenance.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to interact professionally with customers and staff.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to operate gas pumps.
• Ability to work with a variety of cleaning agents and be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete assigned tasks to required specifications.
• Ability to independently, safely and frequently move and handle up to 50 lbs., and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able perform extended hours of reaching, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to detail vehicles.
|• Previous automotive detailing experience.
• Previous experience performing routine vehicle maintenance.
• Record-keeping experience.
• Previous experience working with a large fleet of vehicles or in a university setting.
• Customer service experience and Functioning as part of a team.
September 9, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.