Director, Master of Information Technology (MIT) ProgramVirginia Tech
Reporting to Executive Director of MIT Program, and located in the National Capital Region (NCR), this position is responsible for meeting enrollment targets and serves as the primary recruiter of qualified and diverse graduate students into the program. The director will oversee the overall day-to-day operations of the Virginia Tech online Master of Information Technology (MIT) program, a joint degree between the College of Engineering and the Pamplin College of Business. This position also performs other duties as assigned.
Implements the vision and strategies set by the Executive Committee of Master of Information Technology (MIT) program. Ensures appropriate coordination and collaboration that consistently places the MIT program as one of the top five best Information technology programs.
- Recruits students at the regional, national and international levels to increase enrollments. Establish partnerships with corporations and other organizations interested in the continued development of their employees. This position requires frequent travel in Virginia and surrounding areas to engage with prospective students, and requires a high degree of initiative, professionalism and attention to detail.
- Work in close collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing to establish marketing and advertising plans for student recruitment.
- Identify and attend conferences and events, national and international, as appropriate to recruit prospective students. Recruitment activities include, but are not limited to, hosting events, conducting online and in-person information sessions, identifying and pursuing untapped opportunities such as corporate visits and engaging alumni, and full implementation and utilization of a communications plan.
- Establish and measure progress against enrollment objectives and implement changes required for improvement.
- Develops and implements revenue-generating strategies to meet programmatic goals and success.
- Monitor’s the program curriculum so that it consistently highlights the latest developments in Information Technology and in online delivery of courses especially designed for the working professional.
- Offers insights and guidance concerning admissions standards and policies.
- Promotes diversity in all aspects of the MIT program, including hiring and retaining staff, graduate students and distance learning instructors and promoting a positive and welcoming climate.
- Establishes and implements short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, operating procedures, and programs and services; monitors and evaluates overall effectiveness, and develops and implements changes required for improvement.
- Cultivates strong working relationships within the larger University and with alumni, external partners, faculty, curriculum and executive committee members, the academic and philanthropic communities, and other key stakeholders.
- Provides oversight for MIT program office, personnel, and reporting activities.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and university policies.
- Leads or serves actively on appropriate University and Professional committees and task forces; effectively represents the program to internal and external constituents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|- Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree and significant relevant professional experience in information technology or related field
- Proven record in higher education student recruitment, and admissions
- Knowledge of student admissions models and technology systems, media advertising, media procurement, marketing, and social media desired
- Demonstrated effectiveness in administration and leadership of online graduate programs.
- Proven record of outreach and corporate initiatives
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively as a team member with faculty, staff, and administrators to produce creative solutions in this hands-on, results-oriented position
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to effectively utilize spreadsheets, databases, student sourcing software, word processing and presentation software to manipulate and summarize data
- Strong organizational skills
|- Experience working with educational programs at the national and international levels
- Experience working with professional students, ability to mentor students
- Experience working with Customer relations Management Systems (CRM)
commensurate with experience
September 9, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.