Director, IT Financial & Business AffairsVirginia Tech
The Division of Information Technology at Virginia Tech, seeks an experienced, talented, and driven Director of IT Financial and Business Affairs, within Administration and Planning for the Division of Information Technology at Virginia Tech. Administration and Planning is made of several functional areas including finance, human resources, IT Procurement and Licensing Solutions (ITPALS), and facilities.
The Director of IT Financial and Business Affairs, reports to the Chief of Staff for the Division of IT and is part of the senior leadership team for the division. The Director is responsible for executive planning, policy development, negotiating, implementation, and execution of the financial and business operations of the Information Technology Division. The Director serves as the division's fiscal officer and acts as the primary interface with the university's finance organization. This is accomplished in ways that enhance the academic mission of the University; enrich student learning and student life; advance faculty teaching and research; and boldly articulate new strategic technology visions. Additionally, this position is accountable for providing primary support to executive leadership and senior management for all financial and business operations within the Division of Information Technology. The Director of IT Financial and Business Affairs will be accountable for facilitating the annual budget cascade, mentoring financial professionals in the division, developing and maintaining adequate internal controls, and supporting senior leadership in building fiscal accountability.
A successful candidate for this position will utilize financial management practices and financial planning to assist with management decision making. Additionally, the position will develop and maintain relationships with financial personnel distributed across the division, department heads, and other key stakeholders. |We encourage you to apply for this position if:
- You enjoy working with a wide variety of stakeholders within and outside of Information Technology to craft and execute strategies that enable and advance university goals
- You are adept at leading, facilitating, and encouraging meaningful service and organizational evolution
- You would like to live and advance your career in one of the most beautiful regions in the country, at an institution ranked #1 in best quality of life by the 2017 Princeton Review
- A Master's degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field or a Bachelor's degree and significant related experience
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities and ability to exercise good judgement, make decisions, set priorities, and interpret policies and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of budgeting and planning in a nonprofit environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, perform and supervise a large volume of varied management tasks
- Demonstrated record of leadership, team building, and planning
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills working with a diverse workforce
- A professional certification in accounting such as a CPA, CMA or CIA
- Experience working with Information Technology contracts
- Experience working with fiscal operations in a large university environment including budget development, communications, expenditure processing, reporting and evaluation
August 30, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.