Communications SpecialistVirginia Tech
Reporting to the Honors College Executive Director, the Communications Specialist is responsible for carrying forward the mission and effectively conveying the vision of the Honors College. This position will coordinate the College’s digital content production, manage webpage content, oversee visual production through graphic design, photography, and videography, as well as oversee the creation of content concerning the Honors College in collaboration with external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or closely related business field/and or the equivalent level of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience coordinating social media accounts
- Experience creating digital and video content using multimedia and creativity software
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, quality control, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge of university branding and style compliance
- Experience overseeing organization email accounts
- Communications experience in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated ability to create an effective communication strategy with a varied user base (e.g. parents, prospective and current students, donors, etc.)
- Broad-based and detailed knowledge of university organizations, colleges, programs, and administrative office procedures
September 12th, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.