Business Support SpecialistVirginia Tech
Reporting to the Associate Director for Business and Finance, the Business Support Specialist will provide fiscal support to the Business Services Finance & Administration (BSFA) unit. The Business Support Specialist will support the business and financial operations for BSFA to include billing customers and departments as scheduled, timely processing of invoices to ensure compliance with prompt pay standards, placing orders, fixed asset tracking, business and financial reporting, reconciliations and other fiscal tasks within University guidelines for Business Services units.
• Experience providing administrative and/or fiscal support in an academic or professional office environment.
• Must have the ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment to handle complex projects, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Successful candidate must be a highly organized individual
• Experience supporting projects with multiple priorities, deadlines, and stakeholders
• Proficient with current office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to take initiative in fulfilling responsibilities and anticipating needs of supervisors
• Experience that demonstrates professional communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all individuals in a diverse multicultural environment
• Demonstrated commitment to the Virginia Tech Principles of Community
|• Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field.
• Experience with Virginia Tech systems such as HokieMart and Banner.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to a higher education environment, and/or
• Working knowledge of university organizational structure, policies, and procedures.
October 29, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.