Athletic Trainer, Director Swimming and DivingVirginia Tech
- Graduate of an accredited Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) at the master’s level with significant athletic training/sports medicine experience in a Division I program.
- National Athletic Trainers Association certification.
- Experience with Division I Men's and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs as a student athlete or clinician.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, coaches, and staff.
- Must be able to recognize, evaluate, and care for athletic injuries and illnesses.
- Must have working knowledge of a wide variety of treatment modalities and rehabilitation equipment.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Additional higher education in related area.
- Additional instructor certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Teaching experience.
Commensurate with experience.
August 9, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check and will exemplify Virginia Tech Athletics' core values of integrity, service, honor, excellence, and strong together.
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.