Asst or Assoc. Professor CYVirginia Tech
The Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences of the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine announces a search to fill a tenure-track faculty position in cardiology at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful candidate will share service and teaching responsibilities with two other faculty cardiologists. The position will provide the opportunity to develop a collaborative research program in the discipline of cardiology with others throughout the Department, College and University.
The successful candidate will participate in didactic instruction in cardiology and related disciplines, clinical instruction of professional students in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, and training of interns, residents and graduate students in various disciplines. The clinical cardiology service supports a residency training program, and the successful candidate will share responsibilities associated with resident training.
• Additional service responsibilities include consultations within the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and outside referring veterinarians, participate in continuing education programs of the College and participate in faculty governance activities.
• The applicant must be committed to excellence patient management, client service, and clinical teaching.
• Participation in departmental service activities, such as meetings, resident seminars, journal club and rounds is expected.
• Research responsibilities will vary based on the interest and qualification of the candidate and may include collaborative or translational research. The successful candidate will be encouraged to work within ongoing research programs and contribute to the scholarly achievements of the research team.
• DVM or equivalent degree. Employer will accept degree that is equivalent to DVM or foreign equivalent of DVM.
• Successful completion of an approved residency training program by American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM- Cardiology) or the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM - Cardiology)
• Proficiency in cardiology
• Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM- Cardiology) or the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM - Cardiology)
• Advanced Degree (MS, PhD)
• Advanced Clinical Experience
• Research Experience
• Experience in Teaching
• Track Record of Scholarly activity
• Good interpersonal skills and team player
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.