Asst/Assoc Professor Food Animal Field Service
The Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences at the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech, invites applications from qualified individuals for a full-time, calendar year tenure or non-tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor position in Food Animal Field Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Participate in clinical instruction of food animal medicine and related disciplines through the Production Management Medicine Service of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, including training of interns and residents.
• The focus of the position is to provide on farm veterinary medical and surgical services to local food animal clients, including preventive and production medicine programs.
• Cooperate with other clinical faculty in the Food Animal Field Services Unit.
• Participate in emergency service with other clinicians.
• Didactic and laboratory instruction will include participation within the DVM program on topics related to food animal health.
• The successful applicant will be expected to participate in continuing education and outreach programs of the college related to food animals.
• Scholarly activity and collaborative research related to food animals, clinical track
• Development of an independent research program with extramural funding, tenure track
APPOINTMENT: The position is a calendar year appointment and the starting date is September 1, 2021. Level of appointment will be based on selected candidates qualifications, education and experience.
• DVM or equivalent degree.
• Clinical practice experience with food animals is required.
• Diplomate status or eligibility for certification examination by an AVMA specialty college or board
• Clinical teaching experience, demonstrated commitment to service and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are desirable
Faculty - Salary
Faculty-Salary: Commensurate with experience
July 22, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Ruth Meade at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.