AP Special Projects CoordVirginia Tech
The Accounts Payable section of the Controller’s Office is hiring an Accounts Payable Special Projects Coordinator. This is a restricted full-time position reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager. Position responsibilities include a variety of activities including but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the Accounts Payable Customer Service Liaison by assisting with departmental Accounts Payable inquiries and approvals by clarifying the customers’ needs, identifying solutions while maintaining compliance, and providing appropriate follow-up upon resolution.
- Prepare Federal Excise and State Sales Tax reporting. Research issues/changes related to Federal/State Tax reporting.
- Perform ad hoc queries and create reports.
- Perform reconciliations or extractions of accounting data for auditors or other special requests.
- Assist with testing of new system implementations and upgrades to existing systems.
- Review and approve requests to procure goods and services with special business compliance requirements (e.g. business meals and refreshments).
- Other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business Management or related field and/or an equivalent level of training and experience;
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable;
- Analytical skills and demonstrated ability to create reports, analyze and summarize data and present conclusions to senior management;
- Previous customer service experience providing resolution to complicated problems while maintaining compliance;
- Experience using automated systems, personal computers and software (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, WebEx, SharePoint);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide customer service in a courteous manner and work effectively with diverse groups of people;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Finance systems such as Banner Finance;
- Knowledge of database query tools such as MicroStrategy, SAS, Access, or similar query tool;
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing and completing large projects by established deadlines;
- Administrative experience in higher education, knowledge of university policies and procedures, and experience with university financial and administrative information systems;
- Previous supervisory experience.
August 16, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.