Administrative, Procurement and Fiscal Technician
The Administrative, Procurement and Fiscal Technician will provide administrative, purchasing, and accounting services in support of the complex operations of the Center for Power Electronics Systems (CPES), which comprise over 10 faculty supervising around 60 graduate students and visiting scholars conducting research in large state-of-the-art laboratory facilities with millions of dollars in research contracts and global industry consortium of over 80 companies, and with operations divided between Blacksburg and the National Capital Region.
The Technician will provide specialized and complex activities in support of CPES faculty members by assisting them in all administrative matters related to the smooth operations of their teaching, student advising, research, scholarly, service, and outreach activities. He/she will also serve as a procurement specialist for CPES, by overseeing and processing purchase and service requests and requisitions from CPES faculty, staff, and students, and providing fiscal and accounting support, as necessary. Other general support duties may be required as the CPES management evolves.
- Demonstrated high-level administrative experience within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Google Apps (including Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Maps, Forms, etc.) and Adobe Creative Cloud (at least Acrobat).
- Experience in detailed financial record keeping, data entry, and file management with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience coordinating international and domestic travel arrangements.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to cultivate positive working relationships, build and maintain a team-based approach, and gain the trust and respect of all levels of internal and external constituencies.
- Customer-service and end-user support experience.
- Experience interpreting and explaining University policies and procedures.
- Experience utilizing HokieMart, Banner or similar relational database, and other University systems.
- Experience working without close supervision in team-oriented and multi-cultural environments.
- Prior experience of working in engineering research and education environment.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, a Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation, please contact Na Ren at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.