Administrative AssistantVirginia Tech
The Student Success Center (SSC) is a department of the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs and reports to the Associate Vice Provost for Student Success Initiatives. The Student Success Center (SSC) designs and implements programs and services that promote the success and excellence of Virginia Tech students throughout their educational journey. The primary responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant is to support the vision, mission and goals of the SSC, manage the day-to-day operations of the SSC, and provide administrative support and assistance to the SSC staff. This position will serve as the departmental receptionist and office manager. The essential duties to the operation of the SSC include, but are not limited to compliance assurance, report writing, reconciliation of information and financial data, records management, scheduling, data collection and analysis, research, inventory, budget management in coordination with the division’s fiscal manager, personnel administration, and event planning. In addition, this position is also responsible for handling personnel appointments, disseminating information regarding policies and procedures, providing technical support in collaboration with the IT department, processing biweekly payroll in the University payroll system and maintaining the departmental website. The normal work hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, with limited programming and activities that occur after normal business hours and on weekends.
· Experience providing administrative support in an academic or professional office setting.
· Associates degree or related work experience with administrative support.
· Demonstrated proficiency with standard fiscal budgeting, bookkeeping and accounting.
· Demonstrated experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Google Suite.
· Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
· Evidence of ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
· Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities, and accomplish goals.
· Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
· Experience arranging logistics for meetings, events or programs.
· Excellent attention to detail and high standards for quality work.
· Ability to understand and work with university policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or considerable progressive office experience as an administrative assistant or equivalent.
· Experience with technologies such as BANNER, HokieMart, TimeClock Plus, EAB Navigate and Qualtrics.
· Experience working with travel arrangements and reimbursements.
· Knowledge of and experience with university fiscal procedures.
· Supervisory Experience.
· Experience with website design and maintaining social media sites.
Commensurate with Experience
September 16, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.