Administrative AssistantVirginia Tech
Under the general supervision of the Director and University Ombuds the Administrative Assistant will perform administrative and clerical duties; conduct intake requests from clients and visitors with a high level of confidentiality; coordinate daily office routine; assist in the preparation and editing of documents, such as the annual report; assist with gathering and managing high-level intake information to create a database of user demographics and general nature of situations presented to the University Ombuds office; assist with updates, edits and manage the web page; help develop and execute program ideas and marketing for the University Ombuds office. Interact effectively with a wide range of members of the campus community to promote the goals of the University Ombuds office. Position requires tact, independent judgment, flexibility and a high-level of discreetness and confidentiality.
• Experience providing administrative support in a corporate or higher education office environment.
• Experience in calendar management.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, Outlook, social media and presentation creation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Solid interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-pace professional environment.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Bachelor's degree and office experience in an academic environment preferred.
• Familiar with university systems; Banner, HokieMart, etc.
• Familiar with university fiscal policies and procedures.
• Familiar with organizational ombuds role and/or other similar conflict management roles such as mediation, facilitation, etc.
September 25, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.