Customer Engagement Manager
Customer Engagement Manager
Innovation allows an organization to make the most of every dollar spent. At Virginia's Community Colleges System (VCCS), our compelling mission, our ambitious strategic plan and our fiscal realities challenge us to ensure that community college resources are maximized for the priority of student success and credential completion.
Nestled between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains, the VCCS Shared Services Center is centrally located to all 23 colleges in the VCCS, 43 miles from Blacksburg, VA, and a four hour drive from Washington, D.C. A vital part of the ever-growing Roanoke Valley, Daleville is a haven for tourists and residents alike. Within an hour's drive are the breathtaking Smith Mountain Lake, world-famous Appalachian Trail, and many other outdoor activities, including golfing, biking, and hiking. The thriving Historic City Market in downtown Roanoke and the Daleville Town Center and Performance Pavilion also host farmers markets, community and cultural events, and festivals throughout the year.
The VCCS Shared Services Center is an innovation strategy to advance the priority of student success, reduce the administrative burden on individual colleges, consolidate transaction-based functions, create economies of scale and improve backroom process efficiency. This work allows the VCCS to better focus resources on the students – helping them start their educational journeys, persist, and succeed.
The Customer Engagement Manager will be responsible for tracking and responding to external (i.e., vendors, other agencies, etc.) and internal (i.e., colleges, employees, staff, etc.) customers' inquiries. The Manager will be responsible for:
• Leading the Customer Engagement team in addressing user needs, issues, and questions
• Establishing best practice call center procedures, systems, and conduct
• Leading the development and maintenance of business process and operational procedures across the entire SSC, as part of our continuing "Content Management" activity
• Leading the development and deployment of training materials and programs across all SSC service areas
• Driving continuous improvements
• Ensuring excellent service with external and internal customers
• Hiring, training and developing staff to meet the objectives of the organization
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
• Strong leadership, and relationship management skills
• Ability to create and lead a positive, respectful, customer-focused, results-oriented team culture
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate cross-functionally across all levels
• Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Strong diplomatic skills (i.e., ability to understand customer and stakeholder perspectives, resolve conflicts, anticipate and avoid concerns, etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMs, etc.)
• Ability to thrive in matrixed, cross-functional work teams with ability to drive change.
• Ability to step up to conflict situations, handle tough agreements and settle disputes equitably.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Knowledge, expertise or significant exposure to a major call center software solution and knowledge base solution
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience that provide the required level of knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the functions of the job requirements
• Significant customer service experience
• Previous supervisory experience leading, supervising and motivating a large staff
• Experience in call center management in a large-scale environment
• Project management experience (waterfall, agile, etc.)
• Experience with Salesforce platform for call center management
• Experience in a Shared Services organizational model
Hybrid telework and sign-on bonus available!
Sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.