Travel & Expense SpecialistVirginia Community College System
Travel & Expense Specialist
Position Number: 27000320
Agency: Shared Services Center
Department: SSC-Travel & Expense Services (Shared Services)
Work Location Code: SSC
Hiring Range: Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Emergency/Essential Personnel :No
EEO Category: E-Paraprofessionals
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Perform the final audit, review and approval of travel and expense reimbursements in accordance with VCCS Shared Service Center policies, VCCS Travel Polices, and the Commonwealth Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) manual.
Set up and maintain accurate employee and non-employee (vendor) profiles in accordance with the Department of Accounts (DOA) and VCCS SSC policies.
Monitor T&E policy compliance, communicate non-compliance issues to management and address issues through training and process management.
Maintain proper internal controls to ensure accuracy of financial records.
Collaboratively work with SSC Operations Managers and other functional managers to ensure the colleges’ and System Office’s requirements are met.
Support compliance procedures associated with regulatory authorities (e.g. Auditor of Public Accounts and VCCS Internal Audit).
Prepare management reports to communicate key metrics to SSC management and designated college/System Office personnel.
Provide training to colleges and the System Office to educate necessary personnel on T&E policies and procedures and the use of Chrome River.
- Working knowledge of advanced bookkeeping practices and automated accounting software.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and accurately.
- Demonstrate ability to be detail oriented in auditing payments, including ability to reconcile and check the accuracy of calculations involving a variety of documents in the T&E reimbursement process.
- Ensure all disbursements are in conformity with state disbursement policies and procedures as stated in the CAPP Manual.
- Demonstrate ability to understand a chart of accounts and expenditure coding.
- Knowledge of computer information programs such as word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate the ability to proficiently operate office equipment (e.g. calculator, personal computer, 10-key adding machine).
- Knowledge and experience in interactive accounting system and interpreting accounting reports.
- Provide continued organization and maintenance of files.
- Knowledge of the CAPP Manual Travel Regulations.
- Working knowledge of VCCS policies.
- High school graduate with post-secondary education in bookkeeping/business courses or equivalent experience.
- General office procedures.
- Travel & Expense processing experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from an accredited institution; or equivalent education and experience in leading financial service functions.
- Experience in higher education and/or state government.
- Experience working with Oracle Administrative Information Systems (AIS) and the Commonwealth Accounting Systems (Cardinal).
- Experience with a Travel & Expense System (e.g. Chrome River, Concur, etc).
Please visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/11645 to apply.
Posting Number: CLS_049P
Job Open Date: 01/29/2020
Job Close Date: 02/16/2020
Agency Website: www.ssc.vccs.edu
Contact Name: Human Resources
Phone Number: 540-591-4003
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.