Payroll SpecialistVirginia Community College System
Role Title: Finan Svcs Spec I
Position Number: 27000314
Department: SSC - Payroll Services (Shared Services)
Hiring Range: Up to $50,000, commensurate with education and work experience.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm
Process payroll through identified processes for the Shared Services Center customers, ensuring timely payment and required withholding. The payroll specialist must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment to help identify process improvements and efficiencies in Payroll Operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, and Rulings regarding income subject to inclusion in gross income, withholding, tax deposit and payment, and wage and tax reporting requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fiscal operations management and accounting.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Retrieving and manipulating data via online access in database files thru various software applications.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relationship building with our customers.
- Advanced skills in using personal computer applications and Microsoft Office products, including proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to organize and coordinate projects involving numerous people.
- Ability to manage workflow to ensure payroll tasks are processed accurately and timely.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and to grow professionally as position changes.
- Practices ethical behavior and demonstrates and supports SSC values and mission.
- College degree with studies in business, or equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience.
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, and Rulings regarding income subject to inclusion in gross income, withholding, tax deposit and payment, and wage and tax reporting requirements.
- Intermediate level experience with Excel.
- Multi-year experience in payroll.
- Experience with multi-state taxation.
- Payroll experience in state government or higher education.
- Experience with healthcare, retirement, or other benefit reconciliations.
- Experience with HRMS, CIPPS, and AIS systems.
- Certifications: Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
Operation of a State Vehicle: No
Supervises Employees: No
Required Travel: 10%
Job Close Date: 12/06/2019
Agency Website: www.ssc.vccs.edu
Contact Name: Human Resources
Phone Number: 540-591-4048
For further information and to Apply: http://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/11235
Background Check Statement Disclaimer: The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
EEO Statement: The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
ADA Statement: The Virginia Community College System is accepting applications for the following position: Go to jobs.vccs.edu for more information and to apply. Applications only accepted online. Full background check required. The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
E-Verify Statement: VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.