Customer Engagement Support Specialist
Customer Engagement Support Specialist
The Customer Engagement Support Specialist will be a key member of the SSC team, responsible for tracking and responding to external (i.e. vendors, other agencies, etc.) and internal (i.e. colleges, employees, staff, etc.) customers' inquiries. The specialist will be responsible for:
• Answering all incoming phone calls from end-users, vendors, and business partners
• Ensuring excellent service with external and internal customers
• Exhibiting strong problem-solving skills
• Participating in continuous improvement initiatives
• Contributes to delivering training modules to support our customers and employees
To help improve Customer Engagement performance and enhance coaching abilities, all Customer Engagement Support Specialist call types are recorded, including inbound, outbound, and internal calls.
The goals of call recording are as follows:
• Regulatory compliance
• Capture lost details
• Review performance of Customer Engagement Specialists
• Improve skills of agents (and quality of calls)
• Deliver a better customer experience
Recorded calls that are scored/evaluated will be reviewed with the Customer Engagement Specialist individually.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time effectively.
• Ability to provide a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to work as a team with other members of the group to collaborate solutions.
• Ability to provide attention to detail.
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrative organization and time management skills with the ability to manage timelines and due dates.
• Efficient typing and data entry skills.
• Skills to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
• Strong phone skills, including soft skills and active listening skills.
• Demonstrative, clear, professional, and informative communication style.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate cross-functionally across all levels.
• High levels of integrity and issue resolution ownership.
• Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Considerable experience in a customer support role
• Experience utilizing multiple computer programs simultaneously
• Experience working in an administrative position handling several assignments at one time
• Experience researching and resolving complex requests from customers
• Experience answering and directing phone calls
• Experience creating procedural documentation
• Customer service experience in state government and/or higher education
• Multi-year work experience in a contact center or call center environment
• Experience with SalesForce or related ticket repositories
• Process improvement experience
• Experience creating functional training modules
• Experience using an e-learning software
• Demonstrated visual design abilities, including audio and video
Operation of a State Vehicle: No
Supervises Employees: No
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.