Contracts OfficerVirginia Community College System
Position Number: 27000365
Agency: Shared Services Center
Department: SSC - Procurement Services (Shared Services)
Work Location Code: SSC
Hiring Range: Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Emergency/Essential Personnel: No
EEO Category: B-Professionals
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Sensitive Position: No
Under their direct supervisor the Contract Officer procures a wide variety of goods and services for the 23 VCCS colleges, the System Office and the Shared Services Center. The position:
- Solicits and issues contracts for goods and services as needed by the SSC customers utilizing a variety of simple and complex procurement methods.
- Receives demand signals and purchases goods and services above the small purchase threshold.
- Ensures that all purchases are performed accurately, timely and in accordance with applicable state laws & policies and VCCS policies.
- Employs best business practices to continuously improve performance, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to make sourcing decisions for moderately complex to complex procurement of supplies, equipment, and services.
- Ability to develop and comprehend moderately complex solicitation and contract documents, including the ability to interpret procurement-related law and policies and apply that knowledge.
- Ability to proficiently use automated procurement systems (e-procurement) to review and process requisitions through to a purchase order and acknowledgment.
- Ability to analyze quotes, bids, and proposals and make appropriate purchasing decisions.
- Ability to fully manage procurement process for assignments from the need through the purchase order, including order status and invoicing discrepancies.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, solve problems, and attend to detail in a fast pace, team oriented and customer service oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to complete assignments following procedures & processes within the policies & laws.
- Ability to express thoughts clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use the computer hardware and software required, including proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of governmental procurement principles and ability to follow procurement policy and standard operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of Commonwealth of Virginia & VCCS procurement policies (VPPA, APSPM, etc.).
- Working knowledge of eVA (state procurement system) and AIS/PeopleSoft.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent education and experience.
- Multiple years of procurement experience.
- Current Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO) certification or ability to obtain Virginia Contracting Associate (VCA) certification within one year of hire and VCO within two years; see https://vip.dgs.virginia.gov/ for more information on VCA & VCO certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent education and experience.
- Procurement experience in higher education and/or state government.
- Professional procurement certification(s): Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO), Certified Public Procurement Buyer (CPPB), Certified E-Procurement Professional (CEPP) or other nationally recognized procurement certification.
Please visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/11651 to apply.
Operation of a State Vehicle: No
Supervises Employees: No
Required Travel: 10%
Posting Number: CLS_050P
Job Open Date: 01/30/2020
Job Close Date: 02/16/2020
Agency Website: www.ssc.vccs.edu
Contact Name: Human Resources
Phone Number: 540-591-4003
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.