Business Manager, Shared Services CenterVirginia Community College System
Finan Svcs Spec II
Position Number: 27000353
Agency: Shared Services Center
Department: SSC - Human Resources Services (Shared Services)
Hiring Range: Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Full Time: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Performs general accounting and reporting functions, including the budget execution and management functions of the Agency’s Business Office; maintains the proper internal control environment as well as seeks to continuously improve the efficiencies of the accounting and budgeting process; and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures in order to support the mission and goals of the SSC.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles applied to a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of accounting internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of accounting and payroll transactions.
- Knowledge of business practices, budget, accounting, accounts payable and travel reimbursements.
- Strong ability to analyze complex data and accounting transactions and reach logical conclusions.
- Excellent skills in computers and related software.
- Ability to plan and work well with others.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and interpret administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency management, and departmental employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel)
- Graduation from a college or university with major study in accounting; or equivalent education, experience, and training in accounting.
- Supervisory experience working with a wide variety of educational levels and with varying motivational levels.
- Experience working with automated systems.
- Experience establishing and maintaining internal controls.
- Experience in compliance and/or internal audit.
- Experience in governmental accounting at the journey and expert levels.
- Experience in budget preparation and management.
- Experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Experience in a high volume customer service environment.
- BS in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; or equivalent education, experience and training in accounting.
- Experience with the community college system business office practices.
- Experience in higher education.
Job Close Date: 12/03/2019
For further information and To Apply: http://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/11200
Applications only accepted online. Full background check required. The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.