Strategic Sourcing Commodity Supervisor #19091-SW
Human Resources Operations Data Specialist
Reporting to the HR Operations Line Manager, the position provides technical, consultative services in one or more functional areas of human resource management. This position will work with the time and leave functions, including processing holiday calendars, assisting with time administration functions, monitoring HR system integrations, providing data analysis to include responsibilities of troubleshooting, monitoring, and resolving TeamDynamix tickets for HRMS functional issues. Other duties as assigned.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
• Basic math, telephone procedures, and standard business communications
• HRIS systems and Microsoft Office programs, with extensive experience in Excel and Word
• Process improvement techniques
• Computer expertise with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel and Word
• Strong communication both verbal and written
• Attention to detail
• Organizational and follow up skills to ensure functions are completed accurately and timely
• Strong customer service
• Critical and analytical thinking
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Ability to analyze issues and recommend actions with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to communicate effectively with leadership regarding status and needs of their area.
• Treat team members as internal customers and enables them to succeed
• Apply knowledge of general human resource principles and practices, including federal and state laws and regulations applicable to work
• Apply knowledge of time, labor, and absence management principles and practice
• Demonstrate ability to be detail oriented in auditing documents, including ability to check the accuracy of information
• Accurate and timely analysis of a variety of data
• Work flexible hours as needed
• Travel to System Office or other colleges for training and meetings
• Provide accurate and timely analysis of a variety of data
• Maintain confidentiality
• Display a high level of integrity/ethics
• Use time effectively to complete tasks and responsibilities
• Analyze issues and recommend actions
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and be independently accountable for meeting deadlines timely and accurately
• Manipulate data in Excel Spreadsheets by using formulas and filters
• Associate's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and work experience
• Experience working administrative tasks handling several assignments at one time
• Considerable experience assessing and delivering solutions
• Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting
• Customer service experience
• Experience with Time, Labor and Absence Management functions in a Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
• Intermediate-level experience with MS Office and Excel.
• Experience with DHRM and VCCS policies
• Experience with SharePoint
• Experience using enterprise HRIS systems; Peoplesoft preferred
• Shared services or call center experience
• Process improvement experience
• Experience in higher education and/or state government
• PHR, SPHR and/or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
• SQL experience
• HTML experience
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's Statement of Economic Interest.
For more information, please follow this link http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.