Skateboard Camp Instructor
- General Definition of Work
This position is responsible for planning and leading general and/or specialized activities for skateboarding participants.
Monday - Friday 9 am - 2 pm (Throughout Summer and some weekend events)The Town of Blacksburg is an EEO Employer M/F/D/V
- Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, lead, and oversee skateboarding activities
- Perform set-ups for program activity area to ensure area is safe for use
- Evaluate and offer feedback to participants
- Ensure all participants are registered and maintain accurate attendance records
- Ensure the safety of program participants and render first aid, if necessary. Report all accidents to the Supervisor immediately
- Create a positive experience for patrons through professional and courteous behavior
- Teach and lead groups of various ages and ability levels in skateboarding
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic principles, practices, and rules related to skateboarding instruction.
Teamwork: Must be able to work with other instructors for the benefit of the skateboarding program
Education and Experience
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the applicant with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities in skateboarding.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, see and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms to write, throw, reach and catch.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop to pick up equipment.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to humid and hot conditions of a gymnasium or outdoor weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
No benefits are available for this position.