- General Definition of Work
**Currently recruiting for Adult and Youth Baseball and Softball**
This position is responsible for keeping score of scheduled athletic games and programs. A high level of independent judgment is essential for the function of this position and a thorough knowledge of current VHSL rules and regulations for each sport. This position will also perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Shift: Monday - Saturday
Salary: $15 per game
- Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Score keep at sporting events, games, or competitions.
- Keep track of event times, including game times and elapsed time during game segments, starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Report to regulating organizations regarding sporting activities, complaints made, and actions taken or needed such as fines or other disciplinary actions.
- Confer with other sporting officials, coaches, players, and facility managers in order to provide information, coordinate activities, and discuss problems.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Communication skills. Scorekeepers must have good communication skills because they inform coaches, athletes, and spectators when needed for different time/score events.
Good vision. Scorekeepers must have good vision to view officials, etc., from the sidelines.
Teamwork. Because many scorers work in groups to keep score of a game, the ability to cooperate and come to a mutual decision is essential.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and moderate knowledge of officiating sport(s).
Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Virginia with a satisfactory driving record.
- Physical Requirements
Good vision, stamina and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
No benefits are available for this position.