Accounting Technician II- Customer Service
- General Definition of Work
Performs intermediate technical work serving as front line customer service representative and reviewing financial records, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Accounting Supervisor.
- Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets customers and provides service at cashier desk; answers phones as needed and directs citizens to appropriate
- departments; processes drop-off payments and mail-in payments, processes and balances Creditron payments;
- processes airport, planning, building payments. Processes payments for parking permits; invoices for cigarette tax
- stamps; logs meals and lodging tax remittances police department batches and drop box sheets.
- Assists Finance Accounting Specialist - Revenue in changing and reviewing real estate codes and addresses; reviews real
- estate tax and provides information to lenders by phone, fax or email.
- Reviews vaccines for dog tags, updates dog tag sheet for Montgomery County on a daily basis; composes and reconciles
- monthly dog tag report;
- Balances daily cash batches.
- Assists Accounting Supervisor-Reviews monthly procurement card receipts and statements. Monthly data entry for
- wireless invoices.
- Attends training as necessary.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General knowledge of generally accepted governmental accounting terminology, principles, methods, procedures and equipment; general knowledge of routine accounting principles; thorough knowledge of standard office methods, techniques and procedures, business English, spelling and math; thorough knowledge of and ability to operate personal computers, associated hardware, software and peripheral equipment; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to perform mathematical computations with speed and accuracy; problem solving skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, vendors and the general public.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess strong customer service, analytical, time management and communication skills. Possess related experience and the ability to work independently with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Fidelity bond required.
- NaviLine training within six months.
- Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as a satisfactory driving record.
- Physical Requirements
This work requires the frequent exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms and repetitive motions, frequently requires standing, walking, sitting and pushing or pulling and occasionally requires stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling and lifting; work requires close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
The Town of Blacksburg offers a wide range of benefits.
Read more about what we offer here.