Finance Director - VA
STEP, Inc., a private, non-profit 501c3 community action agency, is seeking a Finance Director. The Finance Director is part of the senior management team and works closely with the Executive Director in the strategic operations of the agency. Primary duties of this position include oversight of the finance department and staff, maintaining financial systems, monitoring and developing fiscal policies, regulatory compliance, budgeting and cash flow, fiscal interface with all departments, financial analysis including examination of potential growth opportunities and financial reporting to various stakeholders including the agency board of directors, grantors, private and public investors. The Finance Director's role requires the ability to communicate complex financial information to a variety of listeners
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Master's Degree preferable.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in multi-million-dollar non-profit grant accounting.
- Proficiency in budgetary and fiscal management required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills with experience in accounting and spreadsheet software; Grants Management System experience a plus.
- Knowledge of OMB circulars.
- Supervisory experience.
Salary range $58,000 - $65,000. Benefits include health insurance, disability insurance, sick/vacation and 401K.
We will be accepting applications for this position until close of business day on August 3.