Wellness Program Supervisor (Open Until Filled)
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs professional and administrative work planning and supervising the operations, program development, and delivery of services for the wellness area at Green Ridge Recreation Center. Prepares revenue and expense budgets, and operational plans designed to help recover 100% of center’s operating costs. Supervision is exercised over staff involved in the programming and provision of wellness/fitness programs and services. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position will work from 5:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday overseeing the wellness and fitness programs and staff members at Green Ridge Recreation Center and serve as the morning manager on duty. Some weekends and holidays may be required.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and manages revenue and expense budgets, reports, and publications with a focus on outcomes for the wellness program.
- Supervises staff consisting of one, regular part-time wellness coordinator and 30+ part-time staff.
- Analyzes program participation, equipment use patterns and business cycles seeking optimum outcomes.
- Coordinates and oversees wellness/fitness program development, delivery, and evaluation to achieve optimum use of the facility and dedicated resources.
- Develops safety and operational standards for wellness and fitness programs and general fitness areas.
- Recruits, trains, schedules, supervises, and evaluates part-time staff.
- Coordinates preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance and repairs of fitness/wellness equipment as needed to minimize down time.
- Develops and updates standard operating procedures for all facets of wellness area’s operations including planning, implementing, and documenting in-service trainings, safety drills and safety audits of all wellness staff and systems.
- Fosters a team environment through excellent communication, daily work habits and a positive attitude.
- Interacts spontaneously with members, guests, and part time staff at any given time in the facility to model a personal and inviting atmosphere for the facility.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, contractors, customers, and the general public.
- Regularly communicates with customers through e-mails, bulletin boards, newsletters, surveys, and promotional notices. Responds promptly to customer concerns and requests for information.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Actively participates in management meetings to keep all departments within facility abreast of issues and information.
Required: Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in recreation, exercise science, business management, or related field.
Required: Two (2) or more years of experience in wellness and fitness programming and supervision
Preferred: Three (3) or more years of experience in wellness and fitness programming and supervision
Required: Valid Virginia driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Preferred: One or more of the following: ACE, ACSM, NSCA, NASM, and group exercise instructor certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively and positively lead a variety of part-time staff.
- Specific working knowledge of wellness and exercise program delivery.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and implement wellness and fitness programs.
- General knowledge of aquatics, group exercise, multi-generational programming, event planning and marketing.
- Skilled in the use of typical computer software programs such as Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Ability to learn and effectively use proprietary software programs required for wellness center operations.
- General knowledge of the principles and methods of organization and management.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and the general public.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing, for a varied audience including staff, management, co-workers and customers.
- Ability to handle a high volume of business demands and service requests received each day.
- Skills in budgeting, decision making, anticipating issues, risk management, planning, organizing, managing, motivating, and leading others.
- Ability to have a realistic view of time needed to accomplish assignments and projects and plan accordingly.
- Awareness of risk management issues as related to the delivery of recreation services.
- Ability to analyze programs and evaluate performance against established objectives.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise financial, and administrative reports.
Subject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.
Supervises a large part-time staff
- OTHER INFORMATION
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
• Progressive Flexible Leave Plan with cash-in option
• Twelve paid holidays
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
• Virginia Retirement System - Membership in VRS is automatic upon hire into a covered position. County contributes and employees pay their membership contribution.
• Deferred Compensation Plan with County Match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Credit Union Membership