Treasurer Clerk III
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs supervisory and advance research and revenue collection procedures in the daily operation of cashiering, billings, collections and customer support. Additionally, performs skilled and difficult clerical and technical revenue accounting work involving the preparation, maintenance and entry of financial accounts and records in the office of the County Treasurer. Verifies and enters details of financial transactions; and summarizes details to appropriate accounts ensuring that books, records and bank accounts are balanced and accurate. Performs other duties as assigned.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- · Supervises cashiers and part time tax season cashiers for time keeping, daily checkouts, system issues, and tax payer issues.· Oversees internal controls for proper money handling practices and techniques.· Handles customer Service telephone support and backup at all times.· Conducts advanced collections pursuit involving Treasurer liens, DMV Stops, and Debt Set Off.· Oversees and reconciles TAPP, monthly bank draft tax payment program.· Reconciles all advanced collection programs.· Maintains general and auxiliary ledgers, reviews, balances, adjusts and posts account in accordance with accepted accounting practices.· Writes refund checks, court checks, and other Treasurer's checks as required.· Posts receipts and disbursements to appropriate accounts.· Records tax levies, exonerations, and investments.· Monitors and reviews, on a daily basis, balances, interest, and other transactions to ensure that the proper fund balances are maintained in County bank accounts.· Operates a variety of office equipment, including a word processor, computer, and other information processing equipment.· Reconciles bank statements.· Works with on-line banking – verifying incoming and outgoing wires, stopping payments and transferring funds.· Receives and records payments taken on behalf of the County at local banks
- EducationRequired: Associate degree from an accredited college with major course work in accounting or combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the work described.ExperienceRequired: Considerable experience working at the level of Treasurer Clerk I and/or Treasurer Clerk II.Certifications/ LicensesNone
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities· Comprehensive knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment and of techniques used in accounting and bookkeeping.· Ability to maintain a complete set of books and records involving a wide variety of accounting transactions.Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history background search with acceptable results. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
• Progressive Flexible Leave Plan with cash-in option
• Twelve paid holidays
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
• Virginia Retirement System - Membership in VRS is automatic upon hire into a covered position. County contributes and employees pay their membership contribution.
• Deferred Compensation Plan with County Match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Credit Union Membership