Swim Lesson Instructor - Green RidgeRoanoke County
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Follow all protocols established by the American Red Cross, which is the Learn to Swim Program used by Green Ridge Recreation Center. Teach and instruct swim lessons to ensure that all participants will learn the skills required to successfully pass each swim instruction level. Ensure a safe aquatic facility while providing a high level of customer service. Ensures that all standards and policies are followed. Perform related work, as required.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow and abide by all swim lesson instruction protocols.
- Respond to customer requests to ensure that each participant is enjoying the class and learning the necessary skills.
- Interact positively with participants to ensure a high quality teaching environment.
- Complete swim lesson evaluation reports in a timely fashion to coincide with the swim lesson being taught.
- Ability to assess each participant and make recommendations on which class level the participant should be in.
- Administer swim tests when needed.
- Ensure facility is clean.
- Maintain a safe and secure area by maintaining and enforcing facility rules, policies, and procedures.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service trainings as required.
- Remain current with required certifications.
- EducationRequired: Education and training resulting in appropriate swim lesson certification or license for the program.ExperiencePreferred: One year or more of experience teaching swim lessons.Certifications/LicensesRequired: American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification, American Red Cross CPR and First Aid certified (can be obtained at facility upon hire).Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination or test. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Knowledge of aquatics.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and the general public.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of staff and customers.
- Ability to multi?task handling high volume of business demands and service requests received each day.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.
01Were you referred by a Roanoke County employee? If so, please provide their name below. If not, list "N/A."