Seasonal Event Customer Service - IlluminightsRoanoke County
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs work of moderate difficulty in assisting customers with ticket and merchandise sales, requests for event information or services, and in resolving customer requests, complaints or problems. Work is performed under general supervision, often using independent judgment to resolve situations. Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Delivers uncompromising customer service responding immediately to customer requests, inquiries, and concerns.
• Works directly with the public demonstrating good communication skills in a warm and friendly manner.
• Provides information regarding event and assists customers, sometimes dealing with difficult situations or people.
• Collects fees and conducts point of sale transactions while following all applicable policies and procedures governing revenue collection, cash handling and end of shift reconciliation.
• Opens and closes the registers and event spaces according to set operating procedures cleans work area as needed.
Education Required: High school education or equivalent.
Experience Required: One (1) to two (2) years of customer service experience (could be in a variety of settings)
Preferred: Three (3) or more years of customer service experience
Required: Valid Virginia driver's license with good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong ability to work with public in person and by phone.
• Ability to advise on and interpret County policies in researching
and resolving customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, coworkers, event participants and the general public.
• Ability to function as part of a team.
• Ability to perform set-up and breakdown of tables, chairs and equipment as required for event shifts.
• Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment technology.
• Ability to follow oral and written direction and work procedures.
• Ability to take initiative and follow through to completion.
• Skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer software.
Subject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description. Performs work in various environments (inside & outside), temperatures and weather conditions while maintaining accuracy and good customer service. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.
01Were you referred by a Roanoke County employee? If so, please provide their name below. If not, list "N/A."02Please describe your experience working in customer service.03Do you have cash handling experience and/or have ever operated a cash register?