- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Performs responsible professional work managing the operations and delivery of services for Splash Valley Waterpark, a large outdoor aquatics facility. Works to regulate the budget and operational plans designed to recover 100% of operating costs. Supervision is exercised over part-time employees involved in the day to day operations. Ensures a safe aquatic facility while providing a high level of customer service. Ensures that all standards and policies are followed. Ensures State and local health department regulations are met. Does related work as required.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules and supervises a large part-time aquatics staff team.
- Focuses aquatics staff team on providing and implementing high customer service standards.
- Conducts training and ongoing in-service sessions for lifeguards and head lifeguards and adheres strictly to Ellis and Associates operations and safety standards.
- Keeps detailed records on all staff training and in-service sessions.
- Ensures proper maintenance of pool water chemistry and sanitation so that the facilities can maintain 100% operations
- Maintains all water chemistry logs and equipment maintenance logs to ensure that proper documentation is in place.
- Maintains safety and operational guidelines and updates various "operating guides" such as facility, lifeguard, and other operating manuals.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, contractors, customers, and the general public.
- Actively participates in staff meetings to keep all divisions within the facility abreast of issues and information.
- Maintains a safe and secure area by promoting and enforcing facility rules, policies, and procedures.
- Interacts spontaneously with members, guests, and part-time staff at any given time in the facility to model a personal and inviting atmosphere for the facility.
- Assists with recruiting, training, scheduling and supervision of lifeguard staff, and other aquatics staff.
- Maintains order and discipline.
- Issues equipment, supplies and materials, maintains and accounts for inventory.
- EducationRequired: Graduation from high schoolPreferred: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in recreation or related fieldExperienceRequired: One (1) or more years supervisory experience in an aquatic facilityPreferred: Three (3) or more years experience supervising the operations of a medium to large aquatics facilityCertifications/LicensesRequired:Valid Virginia driver’s license with good driving record.Preferred: Ellis and Associates License, Current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operators (AFO) certificationKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough working knowledge of aquatics operations and pool water chemistry.
- Skill in the use of computer software (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.).
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate aquatic operations.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and the general public.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of staff and customers.
- Ability to multi-task handling high volume of business demands and service requests received each day.
- Ability to have a realistic view of time needed to accomplish assignments and projects and plan accordingly.
- General knowledge of risk management issues as related to the delivery of aquatic services.
- Ability to analyze programs and evaluate performance against established objectives.
- Ability to attain and maintain Ellis and Associates license and training requirements.
- Ability to analyze pool mechanical operations and quickly assess and address issues.
Successful applicant must not have been convicted of any criminal offenses and will undergo a background investigation to determine suitability for the position. May be subject to DMV driving record review as required by amount of work-related driving, specified by support responsibilities. Must also be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.SupervisoryResponsibilitiesSupervise a large (100+) part time staff
- OTHER INFORMATION
- OVERALL PHYSICAL STRENGTH DEMANDHeavyLift and/or exert force up to 50 lbs. frequently, 10 lbs continuously, or insignificant amounts constantlyPHYSICAL DEMANDSC = Continuously5.5 to 8+ hours dailyF = Frequently2.5 to 5.5 hours dailyO = OccasionallyUp to 2.5 hours dailyR = RarelyLess than 1 hour per weekN = NeverNever occursCodePhysical DemandCodePhysical DemandCStandingFSittingCWalkingFLiftingFCarryingFPushing/PullingFReachingFHandlingOFine DexterityFKneelingFCrouchingOCrawlingFBendingFTwistingFClimbingFBalancingCVision (Appropriate Correction Required)CHearingCTalkingOFoot Controls (driving, operation of equip, etc.)ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORSD = DailyW = Several Times Per WeekM = Several Times Per MonthS = SeasonallyR - RarelyN = NeverCodeHealth and SafetyCodeEnvironmental FactorsDMechanical HazardsSDirt and DustDChemical HazardsDExtreme TemperaturesWElectrical HazardsDNoise and VibrationWFire HazardsDFumes and OdorsNExplosivesDWetness/HumidityDCommunicable DiseasesRDarkness or Poor LightingRPhysical Danger or AbuseDOther (specify) Underwater PressurePRIMARY WORK LOCATIONIndoor and Outdoor Pool, Pump Room, Pool Chemical Rooms.MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDSPool Pump Room equipment, computers, telephones, office equipment, recreational, fitness and aquatic equipment.PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREDAs applicable to activities involved.
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.