Personal Trainer - Green RidgeRoanoke County
Roanoke, VA Full-time
Posted on August 30, 2019
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Performs responsible professional work providing one-on-one and/or group personal training sessions, fitness profiles, and orientations to center's participants. Individual has ability to adapt services and programs to meet the needs of center's participants and contributes to the retention of center's customer base through cultivating client relationships, facilitation of services and programs, uncompromising customer service. Maintains thorough and up-to-date records on clients' attendance, exercise prescription, test results, adherence to program, and correspondences with medical provider. Position reports directly to center's Wellness Management staff and assists department in promoting its classes, programs, special events, and services. In addition, individual may act as a representative for the center at community, school, other local area based health fairs, seminars, or other similar events. Performs related work as required.
Salary dependent upon experience, certifications and client load.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides personal training sessions for both individuals and/or groups.
- Generates clientele.
- Maintains thorough records of clients' attendance, exercise prescription, and adherence to program.
- Assesses, designs and implements exercise programs based on clients' needs and goals.
- Motivates and coaches clients' to achieve their established goals.
- Monitors wellness areas to ensure proper and safe usage of exercise equipment.
- Reports any exercise equipment malfunctions or environmental risks to supervisor or other center related manager.
- Encourages and enforces department's policies and guidelines for using areas and equipment.
- Proactively addresses participant concerns or questions in a timely manner.
- Follows-up with clients within department's established timeline.
- Attends monthly staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Remains current with required certifications.
- Attends workshops, seminars, or conferences to remain up-to-date on industry trends and new exercise methodologies.
- EducationRequired: High School and one or more certifications from a National Fitness Organization in Health, Fitness, or Wellness.Preferred: Two or Four year degree in Exercise Science or closely related field. One or more certifications from National Fitness Organizations in Health, Fitness, or group exercise programming and instruction.ExperienceRequired: One year proven experience working with clients in a therapeutic, sports, or medically based clinic or program.Preferred: Three or more year's experience working with clients in a sports or medically based clinic or program. Experience in marketing personal training services a plus.Certifications/LicensesRequired: Valid Virginia driver's license with good driving record. CPR, First-Aid, and AED certifications. Certification in personal training, fitness instruction, medical exercise specialist, specialty post-rehabilitation certified, or conditioning specialist from a nationally recognized or accredited agency is required. Agencies include American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), American Academy of Health, Fitness, and Rehab Professionals (AAHFRP.)Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination or test. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.SupervisoryResponsibilitiesNone
- Good working knowledge of standardized fitness testing and exercise prescription protocols.
- Ability to design programs based on industry related methodologies and techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of correct and beneficial exercises for a variety of clients with special needs related to skeletal, muscular, neurological, or physiological ailments.
- Ability to communicate, understand, and enthuse with any personality type.
- Demonstrated skill utilizing various types of exercise equipment, free weights, functional, selectorized, and cardiovascular machines.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.
01Were you referred by a Roanoke County employee? If so, please provide their name below. If not, list "N/A."