- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs responsible work observing and controlling the proper use of aquatic facilities. Follows all protocols established by Ellis & Associates. Ensures a safe aquatic facility while providing a high level of customer service. Ensures that all standards and policies are followed. Ensures State and local health department regulations are met. Perform related work, as required.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows and enforces E&A Lifeguarding protocols.
- Responds to customer requests.
- Administers swim tests.
- Tests pool chemicals and maintains water chemistry.
- Ensures facility is clean.
- Maintain a safe and secure area by maintaining and enforcing facility rules, policies, and procedures.
- Fills out hourly and bi hourly pool maintenance checklists and sheets.
- Serves as Head Lifeguard during the absence of the Head Lifeguard.
- Attends monthly staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Remains current with required certifications and Ellis lifeguarding license.
- EducationRequired: Possess an Ellis and Associates lifeguarding license (Licensing course is available at Green Ridge Recreation Center)ExperiencePreferred: One year or more of lifeguarding experienceCertifications/LicensesRequired: Ellis and Associates lifeguarding licenseKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsMust be age sixteen (16) or older. Subject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination or test. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.SupervisoryResponsibilitiesNone
- Knowledge of aquatics.
- Observation skills.
- Ability to enforce rules in a tactful and effective manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and the general public.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of staff and customers.
- Ability to multi-task handling high volume of business demands and service requests received each day.
- OTHER INFORMATION
- OVERALL PHYSICAL STRENGTH DEMANDHeavyLift and/or exert force up to 50 lbs. frequently, 10 lbs continuously, or insignificant amounts constantly OR requires walking or standing to a significant degree. Able to swim 200 yards, tread water for 2 minutes without use of hands, and must be able to retrieve a brick from a depth of 14 feet of water.PHYSICAL DEMANDSC = Continuously5.5 to 8+ hours dailyF = Frequently2.5 to 5.5 hours dailyO = OccasionallyUp to 2.5 hours dailyR = RarelyLess than 1 hour per weekN = NeverNever occursCodePhysical DemandCodePhysical DemandCStandingCSittingCWalkingCLiftingFCarryingOPushing/PullingFReachingOHandlingOFine DexterityOKneelingCCrouchingOCrawlingCBendingOTwistingOClimbingOBalancingCVision (Appropriate Correction Required)CHearingCTalkingOFoot Controls (driving, operation of equip, etc.)ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORSD = DailyW = Several Times Per WeekM = Several Times Per MonthS = SeasonallyR - RarelyN = NeverCodeHealth and SafetyCodeEnvironmental FactorsMMechanical HazardsSDirt and DustDChemical HazardsDExtreme TemperaturesDElectrical HazardsDNoise and VibrationRFire HazardsDFumes and OdorsNExplosivesDWetness/HumidityDCommunicable DiseasesRDarkness or Poor LightingRPhysical Danger or AbuseDOther (specify) Underwater PressurePRIMARY WORK LOCATIONIndoor and Outdoor Pool, Pump Room, Pool Chemical Rooms.MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDSComputers, telephones, office equipment, recreational, fitness and aquatic equipment.PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREDAs applicable to activities involved.
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.