- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Acts as the working leader of a custodial staff team at Green Ridge Recreation Center and Splash Valley Waterpark. Performs repetitive manual work involving the efficient cleaning of the facility and grounds and the performance of project work. Applies specific procedures to recurring situations. Performs other duties as assigned. Reports to Operations Supervisor and/or Custodial Coordinator.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as the working leader of a custodial staff team.
- Ensures the safe and proper use of materials and equipment, such as chemicals, vacuums, buffers, and carpet extractors.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and waxes floors.
- Dust furniture and woodwork.
- Cleans and polishes woodwork and furniture.
- Cleans restrooms, including all fixtures and replenishes paper products.
- Cleans interior and exterior glass partitions and glass doors.
- Removes trash from all containers.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as required.
- Performs a variety of routine cleaning task.
- Assists with the maintenance of exterior grounds.
- Set up and breakdown rooms as needed for rentals, programs, and special events.
- Attends meetings as required on a variety of topics as needed.
- Provides customer service.
- EducationPreferred: Graduation from High School or equivalentExperienceRequired: Prior experience in the cleaning of buildingsCertifications/LicensesPreferred: Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification. Must possess a valid Virginia Driver's license and have a good driving record.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.SupervisoryResponsibilitiesSupervises custodians in Operations Supervisor and/or Custodial Supervisor's absence.
- Good knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment sa
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning materials and equipment safely, efficiently and effectively
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions; and to understand and follow instructions covering cautions and use listed on containers of materials used for custodial work
- Ability to serve in a lead worker role
- OTHER INFORMATION
- OVERALL PHYSICAL STRENGTH DEMANDModerateLift and/or exert force up to 20 - 50 lbs occasionally, 10 - 25 lbs frequently, or up to 10 lbs constantly and requires walking or standing to a significant degree.PHYSICAL DEMANDSC = Continuously5.5 to 8+ hours dailyF = Frequently2.5 to 5.5 hours dailyO = OccasionallyUp to 2.5 hours dailyR = RarelyLess than 1 hour per weekN = NeverNever occursCodePhysical DemandCodePhysical DemandCStandingRSittingCWalkingOLiftingFCarryingOPushing/PullingFReachingCHandlingRFine DexterityRKneelingFCrouchingRCrawlingFBendingOTwistingOClimbingRBalancingCVision (Correction Required)CHearingFTalkingOFoot Controls (driving, operation of equip, etc.)ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORSD = DailyW = Several Times Per WeekM = Several Times Per MonthS = SeasonallyR - RarelyN = NeverCodeHealth and SafetyCodeEnvironmental FactorsDMechanical HazardsDDirt and DustDChemical HazardsSExtreme TemperaturesRElectrical HazardsDNoise and VibrationNFire HazardsDFumes and OdorsNExplosivesWWetness/HumidityDCommunicable DiseasesRDarkness or Poor LightingNPhysical Danger or AbuseOther (specify)PRIMARY WORK LOCATIONGreen Ridge Recreation CenterMACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDSVacuum cleaner, mop, floor buffer, floor scrubber, putty knives, razor blades in addition to other cleaning equipment.PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREDGloves, eye protective ware, face mask, closed toe shoes.
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.