Group Exercise Instructor - Green RidgeRoanoke County
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Teaches classes for the members and participants of Green Ridge Recreation Center. Maintain a safe and controlled atmosphere to ensure a high quality program that meets the standards of the department. Perform other duties as assigned.
Specifically looking for Group Exercise Instructors who can lead both in the water and in the studio. Additional certifications a plus.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teaches safe and fun land based group exercise classes.
- Ensures that all the participants in the class are engaged in the class and that the class abides by industry standards.
- Motivates all class participants to accomplish their goals and keep coming to the classes.
- Interacts spontaneously with members, guests, and center staff at any given time in the facility to model a personal and inviting atmosphere for the facility.
- Stays current on industry trends and how they may influence or affect the group exercise programming.
- Starts and ends classes on time and returns all equipment to proper location.
- Recommends new and/or replacement equipment for areas.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, contractors, customers, and the general public.
- Fosters a team environment through daily work habits and a positive attitude.
- Actively participate in meetings to keep informed of facility issues and information.
- EducationRequired: Education or training resulting in one or more certifications from National Fitness Organizations in Group Exercise, Health, Fitness, or Wellness group exercise programming and instruction.ExperienceRequired: At least one (1) year of experience in teaching/instructing group exercise classes.Preferred: Three (3) or more years of experience teaching/instructing classes or supervising a group exercise program.Certifications/LicensesRequired: Valid Virginia driver's license with good driving record.Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.SupervisoryResponsibilitiesNone
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of group exercise.
- Knowledge of community group exercise needs.
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate land and aquatic based group exercise classes.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and the general public.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing, to wide variety of staff and customers.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.
01Were you referred by a Roanoke County employee? If so, please provide their name below. If not, list "N/A."