- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs routine manual labor in the daily operation of the General Services Wash Facility with limited supervision. Performs related work as required.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Opens and closes the facility at the prescribed times and ensures that the building is secure at the end of the shift
- Ensures that the machinery is operational and reports any malfunctions as they occur
- Maintains sufficient stock of the necessary cleaning supplies, soaps, and tools to perform the day's duties
- Keeps the building and surrounding area clean, and free of litter, and empties trash containers on a daily basis
- Cleans the drain basins as needed
- Ensures the wash equipment/machinery is maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications
- Uses the high-pressure nozzle and/or long handled brush to clean vehicles and equipment
- Assists the equipment operators in cleaning their equipment, and during slack time will clean other trucks, cars or heavy equipment that is not being used that day
- Maintains a daily log of the equipment washed
- EducationPreferred: High school diploma or equivalentRequired: Considerable experience performing manual laborPreferred: Some experience in the operation of motorized equipmentRequired: Valid Virginia driver's license with a good driving recordKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Subject to a complete criminal history background search with acceptable results. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
- General knowledge of the operation of large trucks and heavy equipment
- Some knowledge of traffic rules and regulations as related to the operation of service vehicles
- General knowledge in the use and care of common hand and power tools, and implements
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable work or weather conditions
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, labels and warnings relating to the safe use of tools, chemicals, and other materials
- Ability to organize, schedule and perform routine cleaning and maintenance of facility equipment independently without work-site supervision
- Ability to keep daily logs to record maintenance work
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.